Thursday 11 June 2009

Favourite places!

Now that we're in excavation season and lots of us will be around in the Naples area, it occurs to me that it might be a good idea to swop information. Not about archaeology or sites (which is what we've been doing since December!), but restaurants, bars and hotels!

Let me start. I was taken out to a fab new restaurant in Pompei on Sunday night. It is called 'I Machiavelli'. The menu was limited, mostly fish, and it was goooood! Here are the details: Via Vittorio Emanuele 15 (a block down from Via Roma, near the central piazza), Pompei; +39 081 8508673, http://www.imachiavelli.it/.

I also love the bar De Vivo (26 Via Roma, Pompei, 081 8631163), which does the best cornetti I have ever had!

In Naples itself the best pizza I have ever had was at Di Matteo, on Via Tribunali (i.e. Spaccanapoli), just before San Lorenzo - so in between the station and the museum - perfect!

So, where else can you eat, drink and sleep well? Share your experiences!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails